Treck & Tours
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 1 Day
With the 1 day Inca Trail you hike the short Inca Trail and visit Machu Picchu Citadel all in one day. The appeal of the Inca Trail is the stunning cultural show of Inca ruins, exotic side by side mountains, primitive lush vegetation and extraordinary ecological varieties. The trail goes through the National Park and enters through the Sun Gate with unforgettable views of Machu Picchu. Upon arriving to Machu Picchu, you will get a private guided tour, visiting all the hidden corners of the Inca monument.
***It is very important for potential trekkers for the 1 Day Inca Trail to understand that you are doing the same trail as the 2 Day Inca Trail, just quicker. Trekkers need to be in moderate to excellent physical condition to be able to do this trek and arrive at Machu Picchu Citadel in time. If you think the trek may be too strenuous, you may book the 2 day Inca Trail which arrives to Machu Picchu in one day but at a slower pace later in the day.
Hike The 1 Day Inca Trail Machu Picchu Through The Sun Gate & Explore Machu Picchu Right Away.
- At 4:00 am your guide with our van will pick you up at your hotel in Cusco or 5:30am Ollantaytambo if you wish to start from there.
- You will travel through Sacred Valley to Ollantatambo Train Station. (Train leaves at 6:10 am)
- The Expedition train ride consists of spectacular views in the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a little over an hour to KM 104.
- At 7:20 am, you with your guide will start hiking through the original Inca till the Sun gate, from where you will have the first amazing view of Machu Picchu.
- You will explore amazing Inca cities along the Inca Trail, especially the Wiñayhuayna Inca ruins
- By 14:00; start exploring Machu Picchu Inca city, your guide explain you all the history about this amazing and mysterious Inca city.
- By late afternoon, enjoy sunset and take the great picture when Machu Picchu its empty.
- At 5:30 take the bus down to Aguas calientes
- By 6:20 take the train back to Cusco (depends on availability)
Please note: It is not possible to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain due to time restraints.
It is possible to start the 1 day Inca Trail in Ollantaytambo or Cusco.
If you choose you can stay the night in Aguas Calientes and we will book your return train for the next day.
WHAT IS INCLUDED.
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel.
- Pick up at your hotel by your guide.
- Private transport from your hotel to the train station
- Bus ticket from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes
- English speaking professional guide experienced in trekking and degree in archaeology.
- Expedition Tourist Train from Ollanataytambo at 104 kilometer and from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo with private van connection to Cusco.
- Admission Ticket to the Inca trail and Machu Picchu Archaeological site.
- 1 Box lunch
- Private guided tour of Machu picchu
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- It is not possible to do the Huaynapicchu or Machu Picchu Mountain climb due to time restraints.
- Energy snacks will be very useful as chocolate bars, dried fruits
- Dinner at Aguas Calientes
- Tips for the staff (ANDEAN TOUR´S staff receives a fair and decent payment immediately after they end their trip; tips are optional but of great appreciation for them)
- Upgrade to Vistadome Train – US$57 per person – Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo 6:10pm train.
- ADDED VALUES for FREE:
TRANSFER: from the airport to hotel included (Airport to Hotel in Cusco only)
Pricing for Groups of 2 to 3 People: $400 Per Person. 4 People or More: $380 Per Person
Contact us for variations on this tour