Treks & Tours
Inca Trail to Machu Picchu 5 Days/4 Nights
Peru’s best-known hike visited by thousands of tourists every year, this 5 day Classic Inca Trail of 43-km trek combines the visit of mysterious and religious Inca cities, amazing mountain scenery and lush cloud forest rich in Andean flora and fauna, and culminates in the Sacred Inca City of Machupicchu. The 5-day program is an excellent alternative to avoid most of the crowds found on the 4-day classical route and to reach quieter, more distant and beautiful campsites. It is also recommended for families with children and mature adults, as it allows a better acclimatization to altitude and the daily walking distance is shorter than in the 4-day version.
Please see the Inca Trail availability online and make sure that your preferred departure date and back up date are available.
Live our experience and have a look at our equipment, packing checklist, and our meal’s which have been highlighted by our clients.
DAY 1: CUSCO – KM 82 (PISKACUCHO) – PATALLACTA
We pick you up at 6:00am at your hotel then drive in our private bus towards Ollantaytambo passing by the picturesque villages of Chinchero and Urubamba. We continue towards Km 82, where we start walking for 3 hours toward Patallacta (2,650m/8,747ft) for lunch and set up our first camp. In the afternoon, we explore the amazing archaeological site of Patallacta enjoying all the ancient buildings and surrounding snow-capped mountains.
Meals: Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
Accommodation: Camping facilities with comfortable tents, inflatable mattresses, blankets and pillow. All set up by our supper team!
Distance: 6kms/3.7 miles
DAY 2: PATALLACTA – WAYLLABAMBA – LLULLUCHAPAMPA.
We wake up at 6:30am after a delicious breakfast, we start trekking through the Kusichaca Valley enjoying a myriad of flora and fauna, arriving at Wayllabamba for lunch. After lunch, we walk up a moderate hill for the next 4 hours through the Llullucha Valley to reach our second camp at Llulluchapampa (3800m/12,537ft), where we have our high tea, enjoying all of the beautiful scenery surrounding us.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner.
- Accommodation: Camping facilities with comfortable tents, inflatable mattress’s, blankets, pillows…. All set up by our super team!
- Distance: 11kms/6.8 miles.
- Difficulty: Moderate.
DAY 3: LLULLUCHAPAMPA – PAQAYMAYU – CH’AQICOCHA – PHUYUPATAMARCA.
Today is the longest day of our trek and the most beautiful. After a delicious breakfast, we walk uphill for two hours to reach the highest point of our trek: the Warmiwañusca pass (Dead Woman pass) located at 4,215m/13,907ft. From here, we may enjoy the spectacular views of different microclimates, magnificent mountains, beautiful green valleys, and a myriad of flora and fauna. After we have a time to enjoy this beautiful sight, we descend for two hours to Pacaymayu for lunch. Then, we ascend towards the archaeological site of Runcurakay (3,800m/12,540ft) to explore it for a while and continue walking to the second Runcurakay pass (3,977m/13,127ft). Here, we can enjoy the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and stunning lakes. Continuing on our journey, we descend for one hour to the next archaeological site of Sayacmarca (3,600m/11,877ft). Finally, we walk for two more hours until our third campsite at Phuyupatamarca (3,650m/12,047ft). Walking through the Peruvian rain forest, we can enjoy the spectacular views of Machu PicchuMountain and the stunning Inca citadel, the Urubamba Canyon and the surrounding snow-capped mountains.
- Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner.
- Accommodation: Camping facilities with comfortable tents, inflatable mattresses, blankets, pillows…. All set up by our super team!
- Distance: 15kms/9.3 miles
- Difficulty: Moderate/challenge
DAY 4: PHUYUPATAMARCA – WIÑAY WAYNA – MACHU PICCHU – AGUAS CALIENTES.
Today is the most anticipated day of our trek. We wake up early in the morning for breakfast, afterwards we walk down stairs towards the archaeological site of Intipata, and then down to Wiñay wayna (2,650m/8,747ft) for lunch. After that we will visit the stunning Inca site of Wiñay wayna, continuing for one hour to the SUN GATE (2,720m/8,977ft), where we can enjoy the first spectacular view of Machu Picchu in all its brilliance and majestic monumentality. Then we descent to one of the world’s wonders, Machu Picchu Citadel. Finally, we take our bus to Aguas Calientes where we spend the night in a private hotel.
Meals: Breakfast – Lunch – Afternoon Tea Time – Dinner
Accommodation: Wiracocha Inn Hotel or Andean Terra Hotel
Distance: 10kms/6.2 miles.
DAY 5: AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO.
We leave our hotel after a very early breakfast around 5:30am to take the bus for the journey up to Machu Picchu ruins. Once inside the citadel we are provided with a 2 hour guided tour with plenty of free time for further exploring, taking photos, and the option to climb Huayna Picchu, Machu Picchu Mountain or go up to the Sun Gate. Then back to Aguas Calientes for a leisurely lunch and at4:22pm, we take our return Expedition train to Ollantaytambo with a private van connection to Cusco, arriving at your hotel in the evening around 8PM.
WHAT IS INCLUDED.
- Transfer from the airport to your hotel
- Pick up at your hotel
- Private transport from Cusco to Piscacucho (starting of the trek)
- 7 kgs of your personal items extra clothes, sleeping bag to be carried by the porters, just carry your daypack
- 4 person Igloo tents (large and comfortable) for 2 people and Inflatable mattreses
- English speaking professional guide experienced in mountains and archeology
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary (optional vegetarian food with prior request)
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen tank
- Porter to carry tents, food, cooking equipment
- Hot water for washing purposes
- Boiled water to fill in your bottles
- Expedition Tourist Train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo and private transport to Cusco
- Admission Ticket to the Inca trail
- Entrance to Machu Picchu Inca citadel
- Guided tour of Machu Picchu
- 3 bus tickets from Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu
- Dining and cooking tents with tables and chairs
- Chef, cooking equipment
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Huayna Picchu: $75 USD and Machu Pichhu Mountain $70 USD – will need to be booked way in advance, if you would like to add an extra hike. Please let us know at the time of booking.
- First breakfast and Last lunch – We will stop at Ollantaytambo for the first breakfast and have the last lunch at Aguas Calientes after the tour of Machu Picchu.
- VISTADOME Train to Cusco instead of Expedition Train -This train runs from Aguas Calientes to Cusco (Poroy) and it will cost you $57 USD per person extra.
*** Tips for the crew, guide, cook and porters of ANDEAN TOUR – Our staff receives a fair wage immediately after their trip has ended, tips are optional but greatly appreciated by them.
- Sleeping Bag –$20 USD per person per trek (It will be clean and warm)
- Air Mattress –$20 USDper person per trek (Therm-a-rest mattresses)
- Walking Poles –$15 USD per pair per trek (Professional Poles that can be extended)
- Personal tent- $30 USD – (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Additional Night in Aguas Calientes – From $60 USD(depending on availability)
- Vistadome Train Upgrade -$57 USD per person (For the return to Cusco)
- Huayna Picchu Mountain -$75 USD per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Machu Picchu Mountain – $70 USD per person (Please request when you book your Trek)
- Single supplement -$30 USD per night (for solo travellers with single room)
- US$780 (per person)
Personal Porter Included
PRIVATE SERVICE PRICES
- 2 hikers:$900 USD per person
- 3 – 4 hikers:$860 USD per person
- 5 – 6 hikers:$820 USD per person
- 7 – 8 hikers:$780 USD per person
- • 18 to 25 years old: $30 USD Information required on student card: name of university, student name, photo of student, expiration date etc. A copy of the card at booking is required & government approval for discount.
- • Under 18 years old: $30 USD Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking.
- • Under 11 years old: $40 USD Please send us a copy of your passport at the time of booking..